06 Sep, 2021
AngularJS is one of the widely talked about frameworks we have today. With the success of this framework, AngularJs development services have flourished to a massive extent when it comes to building feature-rich high-end apps. However, if you have worked with this framework from the beginning, you would know that this framework has undergone significant changes over the years. With the change of each version, there has been a drastic improvement for better performance. Every single component of this framework has been revamped to such an extent that we can no longer call it an experimental MVC framework that many of us used to call it before. Rather, we would prefer to give it the title of a well-supported stable framework.
So far, even the corporate giants are choosing Angular as it easily integrates with other frameworks such as Ionic, Wijmo, Telerik’s Kendo UI and others. Since the coding has been reduced and complexity is also less, developers also love to go with this framework when it comes to developing feature-rich apps. If you consider the fact that it’s developed by Google, you’ll become more assured to choose it over any other framework. However, can you predict how will it perform in the coming years? Of course, there will be a new set of frameworks coming up in some years. Will those frameworks outperform AngularJs with their attributes? Let us quickly find out.
In case you want to know the basics of the AngularJs framework, here is an excerpt.
Salient Features of AngularJs:
- Two Way Data Binding
- DOM Manipulation
- Improved Server Performance
- Faster Application Prototyping
- Responsive Web
- Highly Testable Products
- The MVVM Architecture
- Use of Directives
- Plain HTML Templates
- Fast Development
Now, let’s explore the three latest versions of AngularJs.
Released in June 2020, this version came up with a new date range picker in Angular Material. In this version, the TypeScript versions and library versions are fantastically updated. Some of the new features that it included are:
- Ngtsc Compiler Interface
- Configure Async Timeouts
- Stale Lock File Reporting
- Lazy Computation of basePaths
- Merging Translation Files
- Explicit Mapping
Right after five months of the last upgrade, a newer version of Angular 11 got released in November 2020. It got many updates of the framework including the CLI and components framework. This version of Angular has made AngularJs development services more versatile than ever. Some of the new features of this version are:
- Faster Builds with TypeScript 4.0
- Component Test Harnesses
- ESLint Updates
- Updated Language Service Preview
- Updated Hot Module Replacement (HMR) Support
- Improved Reportings and Logging
- Automatic Font Inliining
This is so far the latest version of Google's popular TypeScript-based web framework. It got released on June 24 2021 with new updates like shorthand property declarations as well as some fixes for the compiler CLI, router, and service workers. Some of its salient features are:
- Proper coalescing in Angular templates
- Documentation and video guide improvements
- Support for inline Sass
- Running ng build now defaults to production
- Strict mode enabled by default in the CLI
- Ivy-based Language Service moved from opt-in to on by default
- Experimental support for Webpack 5
- Support for TypeScript 4.2
- Deprecation of support for IE11
The Future of AngularJs:
Every day Google and the Angular community are flooded with numerous feature requests. Hence, we can well assume that the future of AngularJs is bright, with new feature developments on the row.
- Better Developer Ergonomics: Due to the strict typing for reactive forms, the framework is going to help an Angular developer to catch more issues during development time.
- Reduction of Framework Overhead: The framework will remove the legacy View Engine to make the package smaller and help developers with the lower complexity of the codebase.
- Better Text Times and Debugging: The framework will implement an automatic test environment that will tear down the test environments after each test run.
- Optional NgModulars: Developing standalone components and implementing an alternative API will be way easier than before with Optional NgModulars.
- Improved Host Elements: The framework is going to support directives to host elements so that the developers can augment their components faster and better.
- Angular Compiler as a PlugIn: It will drastically reduce maintenance costs whereas the developers will be able to improve their build performance.
- Improve Initial Load Time: With ergonomic component level code-splitting APIs, the framework will improve the initial load time further.
If you want to stick to AngularJs in future, look no further than us. We at Idiosys Technologies provide AngularJs development services to a huge number of multi-national and start-up companies from India, Canada, the USA, Germany, Australia, Brazil, the UK and Panama. We are one of the most eminent web and app development companies across the nation. You can hire our best team of developers to build modern and high-end sites and apps for your business. So, why wait anymore? Feel free to get in touch with us today to know the best deals for you.
YOU MAY ALSO READ