22 Dec, 2018
PHP frameworks have changed the overall scenario of web developing, helping the developer to deliver a faster, smoother and high-end performance. Thanks to the advancement in the sphere of web developing, creating a complex website within a short span of time is now possible with the help of PHP frameworks. If you are planning to create a new website for your company, the developer will surely recommend you a good PHP framework available.
As we have already discussed about the top PHP frameworks available, here we are analyzing the best features of Yii framework that have made this the Best PHP base Framework and of course a globally acclaimed one when it comes to both functionality and budget. The ten excellent features of Yii framework described here would surely ensure you to choose this framework out of many for your upcoming project.
Yii refers to ‘Yes it is!’ And as the name claims, the yii Framework development experience is actually a superior one as compared to the other frameworks available. Yii, one of the oldest PHP frameworks, was launched in 2008. Since its inception, Yii framework has performed well to let the user have a better experience. In its long tenure, Yii has gone through a high modification process to release its most updated version: Yii 2.0, which till now is the latest version of Yii working smoothly. If you have been searching for the best aspect of Yii 2.0, we suggest Yii’s code generator tool named Gii. Packed with Gii, Yii framework ensures to fulfill every requirements of a modern web application development. As Yii allows maximum reusability of the web programming, developing large scale applications in a rapid time span is possible.
1. MVC Architecture: MVC stands for Model View Controller. In MVC, the model maintains the data. View operates in displaying the data where as the controller creates the connection between the model and view. Implementing the most popular programming architecture MVC, Yii makes it easier for the developer to change and modify separate parts of the program without any further modification of the rest. This makes the web developing simple and faster than ever.
2. Form Validation: One of the essential parts of a website is working with form and its validation. In Yii, form validation can be done by connecting the forms with models or database tables. Moreover, the users can set their own validation rules for model according to specific project they are working on. If a validation rule is set with a user name, any form submitted with an empty user name field will automatically show up as error. Also, Yii enables various widgets to help in the process of collecting the form input.
3. Security codes: Yii ensures high security for your website by implementing the most advanced security measures. This prevents the website from getting attacked or affected by the SQL injection, cross-site request forgery (CSRF), cross-site scripting (XSS) and cookie tampering. This feature of Yii has made it one of the most reliable frameworks for a huge number of users.
4. Data Access Objects (DAO): Perhaps one of the best features available in Yii, data access objects provides an inclusive API code to access data, which is stored in multiple database management systems. This simplifies the task of changing the used database management system to a new one without any need to change the code of the DAO. Hence, there is no need to write SQL queries every time in the process of development.
5. AJAX and jQuery support: Yii is integrated with AJAX enabled widgets like treeview, data grid, auto-complete input and many more. This strengthens Yii’s AJAX and jQuery support. The user can easily send AJAX reports with the AJAX buttons that are inbuilt in Yii.
6. Authentication and Authorization: Yii uses an advanced authentication and authorization process that makes it perfect for developing highly secured websites. With the default login system in Yii, the developer can authorize any user. The inbuilt role based access In Yii controls the user roles, which limits the access of the users. Manipulation of the authorization system is also possible according to the requirement of the client.
7. Through Documentation: As compared to all the other frameworks, Yii is integrated with a detailed documentation system. Every single property or method is documented in an organized manner in Yii. The developers who are learning Yii can easily comprehend the process with an access to the various numbers of tutorials available online.
8. Error Handling: This feature is one of the best aspects of Yii framework. The great support for error handling is done in Yii quite easily as the framework is implemented with handle Error and handle Exception error handling methods. It can easily handle all the PHP notices, warnings and the user can raise exceptions whenever required.
9. Increased website speed: The website speed is enhanced as Yii is configured with catching system. This framework comes with different catching components for different scenarios. This feature helps in a fast page loading of the website.
10. Extensive Library: Yii offers an extensive library that can be used to include components contributed by multiple users. This adds on the multifarious features of Yii framework.
All the features mentioned above are the reason developers go fir Yii when it comes to developing medium to large scale websites. Hire dedicated yii developer today to experience a superior performance in your web development. If you are planning to hire yii Developer for your upcoming project, you can contact us.